Tumblelog by Soup.io
Newer posts are loading.
You are at the newest post.
Click here to check if anything new just came in.

June 26 2017

0355 ab11 500

desperatelyseekingdennis:

becauseithrewgasandamatchonher:

desperatelyseekingdennis:

becauseithrewgasandamatchonher:

desperatelyseekingdennis:

This is why so many people have been calling out the BLM movement.

Are you calling the entire BLM movement casually racist?

That is the implication, yes.

The entire movement isn’t casually racist and let’s not act like people aren’t calling out BLM because they are racist.

Large portions of the movement, including prominent leaders, are racist. And the rest isn’t speaking out against it. According to the op, that makes the entire movement complicit.

Can you prove that? 

zeldafan321:

becauseithrewgasandamatchonher:

zeldafan321:

becauseithrewgasandamatchonher:

zeldafan321:

thrussyphobe:

anyways yall really saying the new pride flag for lgbt poc is ugly and how its “defacing the actual meaning of the flag” should shut the fuck up. yall are actually the ugly ones

Lgbt is about sexuality not race- this flag also implies black and brown people were not welcome in lgbt when they were the ones to create the foundation for the community.

And hating the flag isnt about hating any race- its about disliking the meaning and implications.

Also the order of colors is not aesthetically pleasing. Black and brown are dark colors that dont go well with so many bright colors.

Are you living in some alternative world where white LGBTQ folk dont routinely make QTPOC feel unwelcome in the community we created as you pointed out.

Also our identities change our lived experiences so my Blackness informs my queerness and is a part of each other and can’t be separated.

Ok, then youd have to include other nonwhites- native americans, indians, asians, etc.

I just dont want my communuty split. Is that so hard to understand?

So while it’s not the best way to do it I know that when people go Black and Brown people they are intending it for the brown to encompass other races as well. I’m not saying i agree or that there isn’t a better way but that’s that.

Our community is already split. For one we are split by what out identities are (L)esbian(G)ay(B)isexual(T)ransgender(Q)ueer so your whole split thing is moot at this point. Like we each have our own flags.
Next there are racial divides in our community because our community is racist. That already exists.

Finally again our identities inform each other so even if our community wasn’t racist Black lesbians and white lesbians while still both being lesbians would be different communities because of race. Our race informs our queerness.

No, we stand together. Lgbt puts all sexual identities and gender identities together. I dont undertand what you say with “our race informs our queerness” please explain what you mean by inform

Okay how about this we are a large made up by many smalls and those smalls have their own flags and their own community dynamics and issues. If you don’t have a problem with the smaller communities existing but you have a problem with PoC making other sub communities within our larger community then I’m gonna go ahead and say you have a race problem.

Okay my Blackness effects how my queerness is received and vice versa.

For example, lesbians who won’t date Black women. My Blackness just effected who I can and can’t date in regards to my queerness.

Another example. Cops target and harass Black people but the way the harassment presents itself can change depending on gender and sexuality. I wrote a paper in my graduate Hate Crimes class talking about the intersections of queerness and blackness and in doing so I came across a bunch of Black women who talked about how the cops would manhandle them and then talk about how they could turn them straight.

0361 af5b

goodoleboyslikeme:

becauseithrewgasandamatchonher:

goodoleboyslikeme:

becauseithrewgasandamatchonher:

goodoleboyslikeme:

becauseithrewgasandamatchonher:

goodoleboyslikeme:

becauseithrewgasandamatchonher:

goodoleboyslikeme:

becauseithrewgasandamatchonher:

goodoleboyslikeme:

blurogue86:

Colin Kaepernick

Don’t march in the middle of the street when people are trying to get to work.

Don’t sit down during the national anthem.

When you speak up, do it respectfully and in an appropriate forum.

Quit killing each other, and quit acting a fool around the police.

1. The point of protests is to get people’s attention. Protesting in streets does just that. It’s the kind of nonviolent practice that MLK utilized [you know the guy your lot tells us to be more like]

2. People have a constitutional right to not stand for the anthem. That’s their damn right that the soldiers your lot supposedly care for fought and died over. You telling someone not to exercise their constitutional right is unAmerican

3. The manner in which someone says something doesn’t change the validity of it. If I shout “ehh you fucking cock sucker E=MC2!” The cursing doesn’t invalidate the FACTS and the fact of the matter is people calling for an end to police brutality have valid points and the majority of people aren’t cursing anyone out when they are doing it. Tone policing and respectability politics are disgusting and manipulative and if you’re more worried about the tone than the message when it comes to fighting systematic oppression and injustices you are morally lacking as a person. The way some one speaks about a societal wrong is stopping you from fixing it.

4. This whole stop killing each other is ridiculous for a bunch of reasons. A] people are always going to kill each other that’s just a matter of life. B] even if we are killing each other that doesn’t suddenly mean it’s okay for other people to do it especially not people whose jobs are to protect and serve. If you’re gonna use the stop killing each other thing then I guess Americans should stop complaining about terrorist killing us and worry about the fact that we kill each other. C] people have been killed by cops when they weren’t “acting a fool” around them and even if they were acting a fool those people still have rights that the cops are trampling over. Those “fools” deserve the same chance of surviving an encounter with the police as white fools have.


You’re full of shit.

1. Protesting in the streets just pisses off the people you’re inconveniencing, which causes them to oppose your cause. If you make somebody miss work or cause them to be late for their child’s doctor appointment, do you really think they’re gonna call their Congressman in support of your cause, write a check to your organization, or get up on a Saturday morning and come march with you? The best place to protest is in front of City Hall or on the capitol steps, where you will be noticed by the people who can actually do something.


2. Like protesting in the streets, doing things that offend your audience - like kneeling for the national anthem - makes them resistant to your cause.


> 3. The manner in which someone says something doesn’t change the validity of it.

True, but it does cause people to tune you out, ignore you, or try to shut you up. If you’re yelling in people’s faces, cussing, and name-calling, then nobody is gonna care what you have to say, because you’ve made them want to avoid your offensive manner of communication - congratulations, you just shot yourself in the foot!

There’s an old saying “you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.” If you want to people to listen to your message, and in turn support your cause, the first step is to stop alienating them, and then try to win them over.


> The way some one speaks about a societal wrong is stopping you from fixing it.

Now you’re starting to get it! :-)


> 4. This whole stop killing each other is ridiculous for a bunch of reasons. A] people are always going to kill each other that’s just a matter of life. B] even if we are killing each other that doesn’t suddenly mean it’s okay for other people to do it especially not people whose jobs are to protect and serve.

You gotta be kidding me…

Do you seriously think it’s worse if a black person is killed by a non-black person or a black cop, than by a black civilian? Because that’s exactly what you implied.


According to the Washington Post, out of 963 fatal police shootings in 2016, the majority of the victims where white (465 white, 233 black, 160 Hispanic, 42 other, 63 unknown). Whites were fatally shot by police 2:1 over blacks. What say you about that?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/national/police-shootings-2016/

1 and 2. MLK and his nonviolent protests at places other than the steps of Congress prove that you are wrong. 

3. Even if all that is true, the majority of protests aren’t yelling in people’s faces specifically. They are marching down streets yelling in general so they can be heard.

Also, any decent human being should be able to understand why people are protesting so angrily. It’s literally a life or death issue that affects so many people.

Do you know how juvenile it is to chop and mangle what someone is saying in order to make it seem like they’re coming around to what you’re saying? From that alone I don’t even know why I’m continuing this conversation. 

I will reiterate. You are not a moral person if the reason you refuse to fix systematical oppression and injustices is because of the way someone says something, because at the end of the day even if you don’t like the way specific people are protesting these issues go beyond those people and you’re withholding help from the many because of the few.

4. *sigh* Yes that is exactly what I am saying. A criminal is going to be a criminal, but a cop’s very job is to protect people and doing the exact opposite of your job especially while you are ON THE JOB is worse than a criminal being a criminal because a criminal once again is going to be a criminal, but a cop is supposed to be a cop and being a cop means protecting and serving.

Now I’m not saying a criminal should get passes or that a criminal can’t murder someone in a more grisly way than a cop but the point remains if it’s your job, your duty to protect someone and you do the exact opposite it’s so much worse.

Yes cops kill more white people, they should they make up the majority of the population but if you actually knew anything you’d know that Black people are being killed disproportionately to our population size.

Also let’s say we are in an alternate universe where I am wrong about the population size thing. What you’ve said/shown doesn’t change the fact that cops are committing acts of police brutality and need to stop lol. All you’ve proven is that maybe another group such as ALM should deal with the white people being killed due to the issue. That’s not BLM’s job.


Finally, it’s always refreshing to see people ignore parts of an argument so again here’s what you still need to address:

- you telling people not to exercise their constitutional rights

- Americans need to stop killing themselves before saying anything about terrorist

- There were people who didn’t act a fool around police and still died

- The people “acting a fool” still have rights that don’t deserve to be trampled over.

Arguing with someone who has done nothing but try to help you is looking a gift horse in the mouth.

1. Who is arguing with people trying to help us?? Last I check we are arguing with people who don’t wanna do anything and whose help isnt doing anything.

2. Good job ignoring everything else AGAIN. If you’re incapable of having a full conversation when you add/create nonsense like this you should just not do this. You look like a fool.

1. You are. My first post to you was full of information that would help you get people interested in hearing what you have to say, rather than turn them off. And you can’t say that my help isn’t doing anything, because you haven’t even tried it yet.

2. First things first. You ignored some of the things I wrote in my first post. Until you address them, I will continue to ignore everything from your subsequent replies. But if you do address them then I’ll address your stuff after I get back from vacation (not taking my laptop with me).

I feel like I’m living in some alternative world where you feel like lying about what I said is going to work in a post right above us. 

I addressed everything. I even numbered it so you would know what I was addressing. I am so baffled at the fact that you’re trying to lie right now.

All of the things you’ve suggested as help doesn’t actually help. People have done the things you’ve suggested and guess what? We are still having to fight. Not to mention historically speaking your suggestions are crap.

If you have tried my suggestions, and if they haven’t worked as you claim (as if we haven’t made mountains of progress in the last 150ish years), then why in the hell would you switch to something that is guaranteed to have the opposite effect of your desired outcome?

That’s a rhetorical question, BTW.

Mountains of process hmmmm….could that be from MLK and his many marches that didn’t happen at capitol hill? Hmmm….could that be from the acts of civil disobedience??

Hmmm…..what could have made the progress you’re talking about if the stuff you’ve said didn’t work….

Listen. You’re never too old to pick up a big and learn some history about rights and protesting. It’s honestly a really good idea so when you talk about stuff you actually know what you’re talking about.

Also this whole “guaranteed to have the opposite effect” is just more of your wrong opinion

Not my opinion, it’s a fact. Not that you would know, since you’ve never tried it.

Okay I’m done. You continue to show the exact same behavior ignoring everything else and I can tell this isn’t going to go anywhere because you’re stuck on being wrong.

0363 2c73 500

goodoleboyslikeme:

becauseithrewgasandamatchonher:

goodoleboyslikeme:

becauseithrewgasandamatchonher:

goodoleboyslikeme:

becauseithrewgasandamatchonher:

goodoleboyslikeme:

Because 1st Amendment

It’s nice to see that you selectively like to apply the first amendment. It’s always nice when people prove they are hypocrites all on their own.

All I said was “Because 1st Amendment.” I didn’t add any limiting language onto that statement. Why? Because the 1st Amendment applies to all Americans.

Oh wait so you didn’t say don’t protest in streets or sit during the national anthem? I’m pretty sure you did which is you telling people not to exercise their 1st Amendment rights.

You are quite literally the definition of a hypocrite right now.

I didn’t say don’t protest, I said protest in front of City Hall and at the capitol steps *instead of* in the streets.

And you certainly can sit during the national anthem - if you want to drive people away from your cause instead of drawing them to it.

You told people not to protest in the streets. People have a constitutional right to do so as long as they get the permanents.

You said don’t sit during the anthem. You told people on a post not to exercise their first amendment rights because you didn’t like the way they were doing them.
Still a hypocrite.

Congratulations, you’ve once again sidestepped my points.

Nothing you’ve said here changes the fact that on another post that I linked you to you still told people not to exercise their first amendment rights.

All these other caveats of yours don’t matter. You told people not to exercise their rights and the proof is right there and these things you added now weren’t on that first post either so again you were being hypocritical

zeldafan321:

becauseithrewgasandamatchonher:

zeldafan321:

thrussyphobe:

anyways yall really saying the new pride flag for lgbt poc is ugly and how its “defacing the actual meaning of the flag” should shut the fuck up. yall are actually the ugly ones

Lgbt is about sexuality not race- this flag also implies black and brown people were not welcome in lgbt when they were the ones to create the foundation for the community.

And hating the flag isnt about hating any race- its about disliking the meaning and implications.

Also the order of colors is not aesthetically pleasing. Black and brown are dark colors that dont go well with so many bright colors.

Are you living in some alternative world where white LGBTQ folk dont routinely make QTPOC feel unwelcome in the community we created as you pointed out.

Also our identities change our lived experiences so my Blackness informs my queerness and is a part of each other and can’t be separated.

Ok, then youd have to include other nonwhites- native americans, indians, asians, etc.

I just dont want my communuty split. Is that so hard to understand?

So while it’s not the best way to do it I know that when people go Black and Brown people they are intending it for the brown to encompass other races as well. I’m not saying i agree or that there isn’t a better way but that’s that.

Our community is already split. For one we are split by what out identities are (L)esbian(G)ay(B)isexual(T)ransgender(Q)ueer so your whole split thing is moot at this point. Like we each have our own flags.
Next there are racial divides in our community because our community is racist. That already exists.

Finally again our identities inform each other so even if our community wasn’t racist Black lesbians and white lesbians while still both being lesbians would be different communities because of race. Our race informs our queerness.

0377 0142

goodoleboyslikeme:

becauseithrewgasandamatchonher:

goodoleboyslikeme:

becauseithrewgasandamatchonher:

goodoleboyslikeme:

becauseithrewgasandamatchonher:

goodoleboyslikeme:

becauseithrewgasandamatchonher:

goodoleboyslikeme:

blurogue86:

Colin Kaepernick

Don’t march in the middle of the street when people are trying to get to work.

Don’t sit down during the national anthem.

When you speak up, do it respectfully and in an appropriate forum.

Quit killing each other, and quit acting a fool around the police.

1. The point of protests is to get people’s attention. Protesting in streets does just that. It’s the kind of nonviolent practice that MLK utilized [you know the guy your lot tells us to be more like]

2. People have a constitutional right to not stand for the anthem. That’s their damn right that the soldiers your lot supposedly care for fought and died over. You telling someone not to exercise their constitutional right is unAmerican

3. The manner in which someone says something doesn’t change the validity of it. If I shout “ehh you fucking cock sucker E=MC2!” The cursing doesn’t invalidate the FACTS and the fact of the matter is people calling for an end to police brutality have valid points and the majority of people aren’t cursing anyone out when they are doing it. Tone policing and respectability politics are disgusting and manipulative and if you’re more worried about the tone than the message when it comes to fighting systematic oppression and injustices you are morally lacking as a person. The way some one speaks about a societal wrong is stopping you from fixing it.

4. This whole stop killing each other is ridiculous for a bunch of reasons. A] people are always going to kill each other that’s just a matter of life. B] even if we are killing each other that doesn’t suddenly mean it’s okay for other people to do it especially not people whose jobs are to protect and serve. If you’re gonna use the stop killing each other thing then I guess Americans should stop complaining about terrorist killing us and worry about the fact that we kill each other. C] people have been killed by cops when they weren’t “acting a fool” around them and even if they were acting a fool those people still have rights that the cops are trampling over. Those “fools” deserve the same chance of surviving an encounter with the police as white fools have.


You’re full of shit.

1. Protesting in the streets just pisses off the people you’re inconveniencing, which causes them to oppose your cause. If you make somebody miss work or cause them to be late for their child’s doctor appointment, do you really think they’re gonna call their Congressman in support of your cause, write a check to your organization, or get up on a Saturday morning and come march with you? The best place to protest is in front of City Hall or on the capitol steps, where you will be noticed by the people who can actually do something.


2. Like protesting in the streets, doing things that offend your audience - like kneeling for the national anthem - makes them resistant to your cause.


> 3. The manner in which someone says something doesn’t change the validity of it.

True, but it does cause people to tune you out, ignore you, or try to shut you up. If you’re yelling in people’s faces, cussing, and name-calling, then nobody is gonna care what you have to say, because you’ve made them want to avoid your offensive manner of communication - congratulations, you just shot yourself in the foot!

There’s an old saying “you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.” If you want to people to listen to your message, and in turn support your cause, the first step is to stop alienating them, and then try to win them over.


> The way some one speaks about a societal wrong is stopping you from fixing it.

Now you’re starting to get it! :-)


> 4. This whole stop killing each other is ridiculous for a bunch of reasons. A] people are always going to kill each other that’s just a matter of life. B] even if we are killing each other that doesn’t suddenly mean it’s okay for other people to do it especially not people whose jobs are to protect and serve.

You gotta be kidding me…

Do you seriously think it’s worse if a black person is killed by a non-black person or a black cop, than by a black civilian? Because that’s exactly what you implied.


According to the Washington Post, out of 963 fatal police shootings in 2016, the majority of the victims where white (465 white, 233 black, 160 Hispanic, 42 other, 63 unknown). Whites were fatally shot by police 2:1 over blacks. What say you about that?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/national/police-shootings-2016/

1 and 2. MLK and his nonviolent protests at places other than the steps of Congress prove that you are wrong. 

3. Even if all that is true, the majority of protests aren’t yelling in people’s faces specifically. They are marching down streets yelling in general so they can be heard.

Also, any decent human being should be able to understand why people are protesting so angrily. It’s literally a life or death issue that affects so many people.

Do you know how juvenile it is to chop and mangle what someone is saying in order to make it seem like they’re coming around to what you’re saying? From that alone I don’t even know why I’m continuing this conversation. 

I will reiterate. You are not a moral person if the reason you refuse to fix systematical oppression and injustices is because of the way someone says something, because at the end of the day even if you don’t like the way specific people are protesting these issues go beyond those people and you’re withholding help from the many because of the few.

4. *sigh* Yes that is exactly what I am saying. A criminal is going to be a criminal, but a cop’s very job is to protect people and doing the exact opposite of your job especially while you are ON THE JOB is worse than a criminal being a criminal because a criminal once again is going to be a criminal, but a cop is supposed to be a cop and being a cop means protecting and serving.

Now I’m not saying a criminal should get passes or that a criminal can’t murder someone in a more grisly way than a cop but the point remains if it’s your job, your duty to protect someone and you do the exact opposite it’s so much worse.

Yes cops kill more white people, they should they make up the majority of the population but if you actually knew anything you’d know that Black people are being killed disproportionately to our population size.

Also let’s say we are in an alternate universe where I am wrong about the population size thing. What you’ve said/shown doesn’t change the fact that cops are committing acts of police brutality and need to stop lol. All you’ve proven is that maybe another group such as ALM should deal with the white people being killed due to the issue. That’s not BLM’s job.


Finally, it’s always refreshing to see people ignore parts of an argument so again here’s what you still need to address:

- you telling people not to exercise their constitutional rights

- Americans need to stop killing themselves before saying anything about terrorist

- There were people who didn’t act a fool around police and still died

- The people “acting a fool” still have rights that don’t deserve to be trampled over.

Arguing with someone who has done nothing but try to help you is looking a gift horse in the mouth.

1. Who is arguing with people trying to help us?? Last I check we are arguing with people who don’t wanna do anything and whose help isnt doing anything.

2. Good job ignoring everything else AGAIN. If you’re incapable of having a full conversation when you add/create nonsense like this you should just not do this. You look like a fool.

1. You are. My first post to you was full of information that would help you get people interested in hearing what you have to say, rather than turn them off. And you can’t say that my help isn’t doing anything, because you haven’t even tried it yet.

2. First things first. You ignored some of the things I wrote in my first post. Until you address them, I will continue to ignore everything from your subsequent replies. But if you do address them then I’ll address your stuff after I get back from vacation (not taking my laptop with me).

I feel like I’m living in some alternative world where you feel like lying about what I said is going to work in a post right above us. 

I addressed everything. I even numbered it so you would know what I was addressing. I am so baffled at the fact that you’re trying to lie right now.

All of the things you’ve suggested as help doesn’t actually help. People have done the things you’ve suggested and guess what? We are still having to fight. Not to mention historically speaking your suggestions are crap.

If you have tried my suggestions, and if they haven’t worked as you claim (as if we haven’t made mountains of progress in the last 150ish years), then why in the hell would you switch to something that is guaranteed to have the opposite effect of your desired outcome?

That’s a rhetorical question, BTW.

Mountains of process hmmmm….could that be from MLK and his many marches that didn’t happen at capitol hill? Hmmm….could that be from the acts of civil disobedience??

Hmmm…..what could have made the progress you’re talking about if the stuff you’ve said didn’t work….

Listen. You’re never too old to pick up a book and learn some history about rights and protesting. It’s honestly a really good idea so when you talk about stuff you actually know what you’re talking about.

Also this whole “guaranteed to have the opposite effect” is just more of your wrong opinion

0379 f9dc 500

goodoleboyslikeme:

becauseithrewgasandamatchonher:

goodoleboyslikeme:

becauseithrewgasandamatchonher:

goodoleboyslikeme:

Because 1st Amendment

It’s nice to see that you selectively like to apply the first amendment. It’s always nice when people prove they are hypocrites all on their own.

All I said was “Because 1st Amendment.” I didn’t add any limiting language onto that statement. Why? Because the 1st Amendment applies to all Americans.

Oh wait so you didn’t say don’t protest in streets or sit during the national anthem? I’m pretty sure you did which is you telling people not to exercise their 1st Amendment rights.

You are quite literally the definition of a hypocrite right now.

I didn’t say don’t protest, I said protest in front of City Hall and at the capitol steps *instead of* in the streets.

And you certainly can sit during the national anthem - if you want to drive people away from your cause instead of drawing them to it.

You told people not to protest in the streets. People have a constitutional right to do so as long as they get the permanents.

You said don’t sit during the anthem. You told people on a post not to exercise their first amendment rights because you didn’t like the way they were doing them.
Still a hypocrite.

zeldafan321:

thrussyphobe:

anyways yall really saying the new pride flag for lgbt poc is ugly and how its “defacing the actual meaning of the flag” should shut the fuck up. yall are actually the ugly ones

Lgbt is about sexuality not race- this flag also implies black and brown people were not welcome in lgbt when they were the ones to create the foundation for the community.

And hating the flag isnt about hating any race- its about disliking the meaning and implications.

Also the order of colors is not aesthetically pleasing. Black and brown are dark colors that dont go well with so many bright colors.

Are you living in some alternative world where white LGBTQ folk dont routinely make QTPOC feel unwelcome in the community we created as you pointed out.

Also our identities change our lived experiences so my Blackness informs my queerness and is a part of each other and can’t be separated.

0381 782d 500

goodoleboyslikeme:

becauseithrewgasandamatchonher:

goodoleboyslikeme:

Because 1st Amendment

It’s nice to see that you selectively like to apply the first amendment. It’s always nice when people prove they are hypocrites all on their own.

All I said was “Because 1st Amendment.” I didn’t add any limiting language onto that statement. Why? Because the 1st Amendment applies to all Americans.

Oh wait so you didn’t say don’t protest in streets or sit during the national anthem? I’m pretty sure you did which is you telling people not to exercise their 1st Amendment rights.

You are quite literally the definition of a hypocrite right now.

0383 c8c6

goodoleboyslikeme:

becauseithrewgasandamatchonher:

goodoleboyslikeme:

becauseithrewgasandamatchonher:

goodoleboyslikeme:

becauseithrewgasandamatchonher:

goodoleboyslikeme:

blurogue86:

Colin Kaepernick

Don’t march in the middle of the street when people are trying to get to work.

Don’t sit down during the national anthem.

When you speak up, do it respectfully and in an appropriate forum.

Quit killing each other, and quit acting a fool around the police.

1. The point of protests is to get people’s attention. Protesting in streets does just that. It’s the kind of nonviolent practice that MLK utilized [you know the guy your lot tells us to be more like]

2. People have a constitutional right to not stand for the anthem. That’s their damn right that the soldiers your lot supposedly care for fought and died over. You telling someone not to exercise their constitutional right is unAmerican

3. The manner in which someone says something doesn’t change the validity of it. If I shout “ehh you fucking cock sucker E=MC2!” The cursing doesn’t invalidate the FACTS and the fact of the matter is people calling for an end to police brutality have valid points and the majority of people aren’t cursing anyone out when they are doing it. Tone policing and respectability politics are disgusting and manipulative and if you’re more worried about the tone than the message when it comes to fighting systematic oppression and injustices you are morally lacking as a person. The way some one speaks about a societal wrong is stopping you from fixing it.

4. This whole stop killing each other is ridiculous for a bunch of reasons. A] people are always going to kill each other that’s just a matter of life. B] even if we are killing each other that doesn’t suddenly mean it’s okay for other people to do it especially not people whose jobs are to protect and serve. If you’re gonna use the stop killing each other thing then I guess Americans should stop complaining about terrorist killing us and worry about the fact that we kill each other. C] people have been killed by cops when they weren’t “acting a fool” around them and even if they were acting a fool those people still have rights that the cops are trampling over. Those “fools” deserve the same chance of surviving an encounter with the police as white fools have.


You’re full of shit.

1. Protesting in the streets just pisses off the people you’re inconveniencing, which causes them to oppose your cause. If you make somebody miss work or cause them to be late for their child’s doctor appointment, do you really think they’re gonna call their Congressman in support of your cause, write a check to your organization, or get up on a Saturday morning and come march with you? The best place to protest is in front of City Hall or on the capitol steps, where you will be noticed by the people who can actually do something.


2. Like protesting in the streets, doing things that offend your audience - like kneeling for the national anthem - makes them resistant to your cause.


> 3. The manner in which someone says something doesn’t change the validity of it.

True, but it does cause people to tune you out, ignore you, or try to shut you up. If you’re yelling in people’s faces, cussing, and name-calling, then nobody is gonna care what you have to say, because you’ve made them want to avoid your offensive manner of communication - congratulations, you just shot yourself in the foot!

There’s an old saying “you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.” If you want to people to listen to your message, and in turn support your cause, the first step is to stop alienating them, and then try to win them over.


> The way some one speaks about a societal wrong is stopping you from fixing it.

Now you’re starting to get it! :-)


> 4. This whole stop killing each other is ridiculous for a bunch of reasons. A] people are always going to kill each other that’s just a matter of life. B] even if we are killing each other that doesn’t suddenly mean it’s okay for other people to do it especially not people whose jobs are to protect and serve.

You gotta be kidding me…

Do you seriously think it’s worse if a black person is killed by a non-black person or a black cop, than by a black civilian? Because that’s exactly what you implied.


According to the Washington Post, out of 963 fatal police shootings in 2016, the majority of the victims where white (465 white, 233 black, 160 Hispanic, 42 other, 63 unknown). Whites were fatally shot by police 2:1 over blacks. What say you about that?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/national/police-shootings-2016/

1 and 2. MLK and his nonviolent protests at places other than the steps of Congress prove that you are wrong. 

3. Even if all that is true, the majority of protests aren’t yelling in people’s faces specifically. They are marching down streets yelling in general so they can be heard.

Also, any decent human being should be able to understand why people are protesting so angrily. It’s literally a life or death issue that affects so many people.

Do you know how juvenile it is to chop and mangle what someone is saying in order to make it seem like they’re coming around to what you’re saying? From that alone I don’t even know why I’m continuing this conversation. 

I will reiterate. You are not a moral person if the reason you refuse to fix systematical oppression and injustices is because of the way someone says something, because at the end of the day even if you don’t like the way specific people are protesting these issues go beyond those people and you’re withholding help from the many because of the few.

4. *sigh* Yes that is exactly what I am saying. A criminal is going to be a criminal, but a cop’s very job is to protect people and doing the exact opposite of your job especially while you are ON THE JOB is worse than a criminal being a criminal because a criminal once again is going to be a criminal, but a cop is supposed to be a cop and being a cop means protecting and serving.

Now I’m not saying a criminal should get passes or that a criminal can’t murder someone in a more grisly way than a cop but the point remains if it’s your job, your duty to protect someone and you do the exact opposite it’s so much worse.

Yes cops kill more white people, they should they make up the majority of the population but if you actually knew anything you’d know that Black people are being killed disproportionately to our population size.

Also let’s say we are in an alternate universe where I am wrong about the population size thing. What you’ve said/shown doesn’t change the fact that cops are committing acts of police brutality and need to stop lol. All you’ve proven is that maybe another group such as ALM should deal with the white people being killed due to the issue. That’s not BLM’s job.


Finally, it’s always refreshing to see people ignore parts of an argument so again here’s what you still need to address:

- you telling people not to exercise their constitutional rights

- Americans need to stop killing themselves before saying anything about terrorist

- There were people who didn’t act a fool around police and still died

- The people “acting a fool” still have rights that don’t deserve to be trampled over.

Arguing with someone who has done nothing but try to help you is looking a gift horse in the mouth.

1. Who is arguing with people trying to help us?? Last I check we are arguing with people who don’t wanna do anything and whose help isnt doing anything.

2. Good job ignoring everything else AGAIN. If you’re incapable of having a full conversation when you add/create nonsense like this you should just not do this. You look like a fool.

1. You are. My first post to you was full of information that would help you get people interested in hearing what you have to say, rather than turn them off. And you can’t say that my help isn’t doing anything, because you haven’t even tried it yet.

2. First things first. You ignored some of the things I wrote in my first post. Until you address them, I will continue to ignore everything from your subsequent replies. But if you do address them then I’ll address your stuff after I get back from vacation (not taking my laptop with me).

I feel like I’m living in some alternative world where you feel like lying about what I said is going to work in a post right above us. 

I addressed everything. I even numbered it so you would know what I was addressing. I am so baffled at the fact that you’re trying to lie right now.

All of the things you’ve suggested as help doesn’t actually help. People have done the things you’ve suggested and guess what? We are still having to fight. Not to mention historically speaking your suggestions are crap.

aaronjohnnson:

blessdrake:

aaronjohnnson:

I’m 89% caffeine and 11% sad

That equals 101% 😒

89 + 11 = 100

0395 8ae9 500

desperatelyseekingdennis:

becauseithrewgasandamatchonher:

desperatelyseekingdennis:

This is why so many people have been calling out the BLM movement.

Are you calling the entire BLM movement casually racist?

That is the implication, yes.

The entire movement isn’t casually racist and let’s not act like people aren’t calling out BLM because they are racist.

0404 8029 500

angrybeardedbastard:

becauseithrewgasandamatchonher:

theshewxlf:

lagonegirl:

Can’t be black in America. Born a suspect. This would NEVER have happened to a white kid.  NEVER

Anywhere else this would be world news, but in America it is not even national news. So the Boy and his Dog were shot a killed by the Cops. 

I live in the city where this happened & the kid wasn’t black, he was Latino, but regardless it’s still fucked up.

Latino is an ethnicity.
Black is a race.

Ethnicity is the same thing

Ethnicity =/= race

June 25 2017

0416 0f89 500

desperatelyseekingdennis:

This is why so many people have been calling out the BLM movement.

Are you calling the entire BLM movement casually racist?

0421 7f80 500

goodoleboyslikeme:

Because 1st Amendment

It’s nice to see that you selectively like to apply the first amendment. It’s always nice when people prove they are hypocrites all on their own.

0425 686c 500

brxttvni:

ch0c0late-4ngel-g0ddess:

brxttvni:

Feels good to be home.

You’re so stunning. 😍😩

Thank you ❤️❤️❤️

I lost my breath for a second when I saw this post.

June 24 2017

0430 1ded 500

mrsolodolo24:

17mul:

that-bi-guy:

ghostsisreal:

mega-purplezebracorn:

kinghispaniola:

nopos-tacabron:

thetrippytrip:

I’m with this movement!  

me

Salute to this movement

This is so important!

Everybody needs to value eachother!!! Yes!!!! I love this!!!!

Can’t tell you how many times I’ve been coerced into sex because some girl decided that she wanted it, and when I say no she turns it into some kind of criticism of her. Or I’m cheating. Or I’m actually gay. Or she starts groping me and playing with me trying to “get me in the mood”. Or she just won’t take no for an answer. After many years of this you know what I’m left with? Low self esteem, constant bad sex, depression, having all sex now feel like a chore, being terrified that if I have sex with someone I actually *like* then it won’t work out, and the feeling like I CAN’T say NO.

Ladies, “No means No” isn’t just for guys. Some of us have grasped the concept. Time for you to do so as well.

I support this movement 100%

I’m here for this I’m tired of these double standards

@honeyyybaby that’s not how that works. You sound like a rapist.

sofire-almond:

cephalonsuda:

arkhmknights:

it’s kinda fucked up that bullying is treated like a “soft trauma” or not REALLY a serious kind of trauma/abuse just because the abusers are generally other kids, because it’s honestly so damaging. it stays with you. it fucks with your sense or self, your self-esteem, your ability to trust people and make meaningful relationships. 

like yes those bullies ARE kids who generally don’t understand the consequences of their actions and i don’t doubt that most of them grow up not to be awful people but the damage they cause is real and people just………don’t take it seriously

some studies say bullying triggers the brain the same way childhood neglect does, except it leaves worse effects exactly because there’s just… no sympathy. because victims of bullying are shown time and again on media that their pain doesn’t matter, but the bully’s does (picture every single bully with a sob story behind their bullying, which is woefully inaccurate bc bullying comes from prejudice but lmao). literal children are told multiple times that it really must be their fault that that is happening to them. they learn that they’re not good enough to be treated as human, and, as aforementioned, most bullying comes from prejudice. it’s the autistic kids, the adhd kids, the lgbt kids, the kids of color, and all others whom society teaches us to hate. bullying is just laying ground for these children to think themselves subhuman. something that will be reinforced throughout their lives, time and again, even on media that seems to side with the bullied, because the bully is always absolved for something or another, as if the pain they caused didn’t matter.

ok tru but. as an autistic girl who has been abused by my father AND other children, lemme tell you. literally all of these problems occur when the bully is the parent, but worse. ESPECIALLY the victim-blaming and abuser-sympathising. even professionals, whose job it is to help me and make sure that scumbag is never allowed near a child again, would side with my father – who threw a glass at my head – and condone abuse such as letting me live in a drafty, shoddily built shed with no heating in england, where it’s always cold at night unless it’s summer (and even then, it can still be cold). while school bullies can scar you for life too, let’s not downplay the fact that abusive parents are one of the most traumatising thing that can ever happen to someone. especially considering how it can start before you even go to school. and your brain can be permanently poisoned into thinking in a really fucked up way at such a young age and there’s really just. nothing that can compare.

All that is true yeah but this isn’t the place for any of this. This is a post talking about the trauma of being bullied and you coming here and derailing it is not okay.

If you want to talk about parental abuse make your own post.

0442 802c 500

50shadesofsnarky:

becauseithrewgasandamatchonher:

theshewxlf:

lagonegirl:

Can’t be black in America. Born a suspect. This would NEVER have happened to a white kid.  NEVER

Anywhere else this would be world news, but in America it is not even national news. So the Boy and his Dog were shot a killed by the Cops. 

I live in the city where this happened & the kid wasn’t black, he was Latino, but regardless it’s still fucked up.

Latino is an ethnicity.
Black is a race.

Okay, but racially, the kid wasn’t black. In fact, he looks predominantly white.

I mean if that’s the case then that’s

bluandorange:

write in the tags the lyrics of the song currently stuck in your head

Older posts are this way If this message doesn't go away, click anywhere on the page to continue loading posts.
Could not load more posts
Maybe Soup is currently being updated? I'll try again automatically in a few seconds...
Just a second, loading more posts...
You've reached the end.

Don't be the product, buy the product!

Schweinderl